Intrauterine insemination is a contrived fertilization process used for treating infertility. During a natural conception, sperm pass through the cervix, into the uterus, and into the fallopian tubes.
In an IUI procedure, the sperm is collected, washed, and concentrated to ensure that only high-quality sperm are delivered directly into your uterus, thereby increasing your chances of becoming pregnant.
Intrauterine Insemination or IUI is one of the options that is very useful for those who struggle with infertility. If you’re having difficulty conceiving, visit the best IVF center in Siliguri for (IUI) treatment.
Gestation is basically on different factors. Couples who have the following conditions need IUI treatment for fertilization:
- Women who use donor sperm need IUI treatment. It is kept in a frozen condition in a lab and thawed before starting the procedure
- Exotic pregnancies need IUI treatment with ovulation-improving medicines.
- Women who are suffering from endometriosis need IUI along with medications to get quality eggs.
- Whether the reason for infertility is the low-quality sperm IUI procedure is used to increase sperm quality from a lower to a normal level.
- If your cervical mucus is thickened it can create an obstacle in the journey of sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tube. In this state, the IUI procedure is used to bypass sperm of the cervix and use the fallopian tube it directly meet to the awaiting eggs.
IUI: Quick Steps
Before starting the treatment your health care professional plan the following that he or she may use over you:
- Preparing semen sample
- Insemination process
Consult an IVF doctor near you for the details of the IUI treatment and its outcomes.
IUI: Preparation Before Treatment
Before commencing IUI treatment your doctor will do some physical exams and fertility tests. You and your partner should attend the tests, which include:
- Semen analysis
- USG for uterus
- Uterine test
- Tests for sexually transmitted infections and other infectious diseases you may have
- Blood tests
- Your IVF doctor advises you to take a folic acid minimum of three months before starting the IUI process.
IUI: Risks Associated After Treatment
While completing IUI treatment you may experience some symptoms that include:
- Feeling a little twinging
- Spotting for a few days
There are no restrictions after having IUI treatment. If you feel uncomfortable with any activity better avoid it for a few days. Your pregnancy test will be done after two weeks of IUI treatment.
Being pregnant naturally is challenging. If you feel difficulty getting pregnant for a long time, visit the best IVF center in Siliguri for proper consultation. There are many fertilization treatments available now.
IUI treatment is one of them, that works successfully. After learning about a couple’s health condition if a doctor feels that they need IUI treatment, he or she must recommend it.